Amy McCoy author of The Poor Girl Gourmet: Eat in Style on a Bare-bones Budget will be at the Market. as well as the Attleboro Historical Commission will be showing off their new Christmas ornament featuring the Capron Park entrance!
For those of you who are curious, here’s a little info about The Poor Girl Gourmet book:
- 83 budget gourmet recipes featuring seasonal ingredients, including soups and salads, entrees, vegetables and sides, bakery and desserts, and splurges.
- All but seven of the recipes are $15 or less and serve four.
- The recipe pricing is based on regular prices, non-GMO treated meats, and doesn’t require clipping coupons, so if one shops sales (which I strongly suggest) and does clip coupons (which I suggest only if it’s a product that you actually use on a regular basis), they’ll very likely do better than the estimated cost in the book.
- There is a menu suggestions section in the back of the book for readers to create entire meals that cost less than $15 for four.
- There are reviews of 26 lesser-known value wine varietals.