We are excited (and relieved) to share that the Attleboro Farmers Market has been granted a permit by the Attleboro Park Commission. We have the blessing of the Attleboro Health Department to bring our essential Farmers Market back on June 20 for the 2020 season under COVID 19 protocols set forth by the Mass Department of Public Health (PDF), Mass Dept of Agriculture (PDF), and the Attleboro Health Department.
Unfortunately, we have to change the way the Market has operated for the past 10 seasons.
In an effort to decrease congregating and move people through the market as quickly as possible we are unable to have nonfood crafters or value-added vendors. For the foreseeable future food trucks, events and music have been suspended. We are classified as an essential service and there are many rules we now need to follow for everyone’s safety.
Other changes are:
- We will limit the number of patrons in the market at one time. Lines outside the market will be painted and volunteers will monitor the number of patrons at all times
- We are required to restrict the number of patrons at a booth to one at a time. Lines will be painted at each area for appropriate social distancing.
- No dogs.
- There will be signs to remind you about social distancing.
- There will be one way in, one way out of the market, and the perimeter will be cordoned off to prevent people from cutting through.
- NO PRODUCT SAMPLING.
- PATRONS CAN NOT TOUCH PRODUCE.
- Reusable bags are banned.
- There will be 2 handwashing stations and provide hand sanitizer.
- Market Manager, staff, vendors, and volunteers MUST wear masks and gloves at all times.
- Patrons of the market are required to wear face coverings per Attleboro Board of Health.
- Please credit or debit cards.
- We will post the vendor list each early enough each week so you can order online from the vendors.
As we move forward in the Market Season some adjustments may be made as COVID 19 protocols loosen or tighten.
See you at the Market! Be well. Be safe.