The Attleboro Farmers Market is excited (and relieved) to share that AFM has been granted our permit by the Attleboro Park Commission. We have the blessing of the Attleboro Health Department to bring our essential Farmers Market back (opening day June 20) for the 2020 season under COVID 19 protocols set forth by the Mass Department of Public Health (PDF), Mass Dept of Agriculture (PDF), and the Attleboro Health Department.
Unfortunately, we have to change the way the Attleboro Farmers Market has operated for the past 10 seasons.
In an effort to decrease congregating and move people through the market as quickly as possible we are unable to have nonfood crafters or value-added vendors and for the foreseeable future food trucks, events and music have been suspended. We are classified as an essential service and there are many rules we now need to follow for everyone’s safety.
If you have not done so, please submit your Attleboro Farmers Market application to us ASAP. We are happy to work with you regarding market fees this season. We only offer full and half year for this season.
If you are a prepared food vendor you must have your permit application into the Attleboro Health Department by May 20 (PDF).
- We will limit the number of patrons in the market at one time. Lines outside the market will be painted and volunteers will monitor the number of patrons at all times.
- We are required to restrict the number of patrons at a booth to one at a time. Lines will be painted at each area for appropriate social distancing.
- Please have signage at your booth as a reminder for social distancing.
- There will be one way in, one way out of the market, and the perimeter will be cordoned off to prevent people from cutting through.
- NO PRODUCT SAMPLING.
- We strongly encourage pre-bagging produce and online ordering to speed up the shopping process.
- PATRONS CAN NOT TOUCH PRODUCE.
- Reusable bags are banned. We suggest providing recycled paper bags or compostable plastic bags. IF a patron insists on using a recycled bag, they can not place the bag on your table.
- NO TABLECLOTHS.
- Clean and Sanitize regularly during market hours.
- AFM will have 2 handwashing stations and provide hand sanitizer.
- Market Manager, staff, vendors, and volunteers MUST wear masks and gloves at all times.
- Patrons of the market are required to wear face coverings per Attleboro Board of Health.
- Please limit cash transactions. If possible please have two staff available, one for produce and one for taking payments. If this is a difficulty for you, we are happy to work with you and provide assistance.
- All trash generated needs to be taken with you at the end of the market day.
We know many of you are already practicing many of these requirements already. We appreciate your willingness to comply and keep not only yourselves safe, but our patrons as well.
We are available to answer any and all questions. Feel free to call Heather 508-736-9061 at any time.
Board of Directors
Attleboro Farmers Market, Inc