All of the proceeds from the sale go towards civic beautification that the Garden Club maintains. The club takes care of the large planter at Gilbert Perry Square, the Attleboro Public Library and the Anderson Rose Garden at Capron Park and more!
Saturday, October 17 is the Apple Pie Contest day!
- The Contest is open to anyone wishing to bake an APPLE PIE.
- Only Double Crust Apple Pies will be accepted, no Crumbles, Crisps, Betty’s or Pan Dowdy’s allowed. Official Attleboro Farmers Market Apple Pie Contest Board of Directors ruling as to eligibility will be final.
- Pie MUST be checked in by 10:30 a.m. on contest day (10/17/15). We will turn away latecomers.
- No other fruits may be added (juices OK).
- Pies that need special handling, refrigeration or heating elements are not allowed.
- The finished pie cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (white or yokes). Egg must reach 160 degrees to be considered cooked. Official Attleboro Farmers Market Apple Pie Contest judge’s ruling as to eligibility will be final.
- We recommend that pies are baked in disposable pans only, as pans will not be returned.
- Pies will be scored on Appearance, Crust, Filling and Overall Flavor/Taste.
- The top five winners will receive ribbons and prizes.
- Following judging, the pies will be distributed to the crowd with a suggested donation of $2.00. Proceeds will go to the Hebron Food Pantry. Continue reading “2015 Apple Pie Contest”