September 29, 2014
Comments Off on Easy fresh salsa
This recipe is from WIC
3 tomatoes, chopped into tiny pieces
1 onion, chopped into pieces
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
Fresh or dried cilantro to taste (half a bunch of cilantro is good!)
Optional for those who like their salsa really hot: dash of tobasco sauce
Combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables, or place on top of cooked meats.
Food safety tip: never leave salsa out for more than half an hour unless serving dish is sitting on ice.
September 24, 2014
Comments Off on The pumpkins are coming!
The pumpkins are coming!
Way back in the early spring AFM bought pumpkin seeds and asked Bob Peasley if he would grow pumpkins for us on his farm. As always Bob was happy to help out!
Now those pumpkins are ready and will be at market on Saturday, September 27!
Please swing buy and pick one up for the low price of $5. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE HEBRON FOOD PANTRY!!!
Did you know that every $5 HFP gets can buy $100 worth of food at the Great Boston Food Bank!
See you Saturday!
September 23, 2014
Comments Off on 2014 Apple Pie Contest
Saturday, October 18 is the Apple Pie Contest day!
- The Contest is open to anyone wishing to bake an APPLE PIE.
- Only Double Crust Apple Pies will be accepted, no Crumbles, Crisps, Betty’s or Pan Dowdy’s allowed. Official Attleboro Farmers Market Apple Pie Contest Board of Directors ruling as to eligibility will be final.
- Pie MUST be checked in by 10:30 a.m. on contest day (10/18/14). We will turn away latecomers.
- No other fruits may be added (juices OK).
- Pies that need special handling, refrigeration or heating elements are not allowed.
- The finished pie cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (white or yokes). Egg must reach 160 degrees to be considered cooked. Official Attleboro Farmers Market Apple Pie Contest judge’s ruling as to eligibility will be final.
- We recommend that pies are baked in disposable pans only, as pans will not be returned.
- Pies will be scored on Appearance, Crust, Filling and Overall Flavor/Taste.
- The top five winners will receive ribbons and prizes.
- Following judging, the pies will be distributed to the crowd with a suggested donation of $2.00. Proceeds will go to the Hebron Food Pantry. Continue Reading →
Mass Attack Roller Derby came to the Attleboro Farmers Market on Saturday, Sept. 13 for a meet and greet, show us some moves and to just have some fun.
They have two remaining bouts on Saturdays, September 20 and October 11. See info below the video. They skate at the Silver City Sports Complex in Taunton, Mass.
Mass Attack Roller Derby from David Laferriere on Vimeo.
Continue Reading →