October 5, 2016
Comments Off on Annual Pumpkin & Corn Stalk Sale for the food pantry
This Saturday, October 8, the Attleboro Farmers Market has arranged to have 100+ pumpkins and 50 to 60 corn stalk bundles at $5 each. All the proceeds go to the Hebron Food Pantry. Come early. We open at 9 a.m. please wait for the opening bell before entering the Market.
Did you know that for every dollar the Hebron Food Pantry receives they can buy about $20 worth of food from the Boston Food Bank? That means that each pumpkin or corn stalk bundle sold will buy $100 of food.
Our special guest besides the Hebron Food Pantry will be the Attleboro Varsity Booster Club, Blue Pride Ambassador Group and the Bristol County Elder Services (needs assessment survey).
Use the Harvest Calendar to find out what produce may be at the Market.
Vendors* this week include: Continue Reading →
September 22, 2016
Comments Off on Saturday, September 24
The Attleboro Public Library will be at the Market promoting Attleboro’s Big Read 2016 with calendars of events and materials to encourage participation in this year’s project. The book is “The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears” by Dinaw Mengestu.
The main event of the Big Read launch is from 2-4 p.m. at the Attleboro Arts Museum, 86 Park Street with an exhibit titled Distinguishing Features. The artists have been challenged to create original portraits based on their recollection of, or feelings toward, a subject. The exhibit includes a live hand drumming performance by Dave Curry, multi-instrumentalist and percussion specialist from Drums For One & All.
The Attleboro Area Council of Churches will be at the Market with information about their Crop Walk for Hunger. There’s still time to sign up for the October 16 walk.
Food trucks this week will be Pickled Willy’s, Red’s Street Kitchen and Bones Brothers BBQ )Last week for the Bones Brothers)
Among the vendors* expected this week are:
Continue Reading →
August 26, 2016
Comments Off on 2016 Apple Pie Contest Information
Saturday, October 15 is the Apple Pie Contest day!
The 2015 Apple Pies
- The Contest is open to anyone wishing to bake an APPLE PIE.
- Only Double Crust Apple Pies will be accepted, no Crumbles, Crisps, Betty’s or Pan Dowdy’s allowed. Official Attleboro Farmers Market Apple Pie Contest Board of Directors ruling as to eligibility will be final.
- Pie MUST be checked in by 10:30 a.m. on contest day (10/15/16). We will turn away latecomers.
- No other fruits may be added (juices OK).
- Pies that need special handling, refrigeration or heating elements are not allowed.
- The finished pie cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (white or yokes). Egg must reach 160 degrees to be considered cooked. Official Attleboro Farmers Market Apple Pie Contest judge’s ruling as to eligibility will be final.
- We recommend that pies are baked in disposable pans only, as pans will not be returned.
- Pies will be scored on Appearance, Crust, Filling and Overall Flavor/Taste.
- The top five winners will receive ribbons and prizes.
- Following judging, the pies will be distributed to the crowd with a suggested donation of $2.00. Proceeds will go to the Hebron Food Pantry. Continue Reading →