October 13, 2014
Comments Off on 2014 Pumpkin Carving Contest
Pumpkins, pumpkins and more Pumpkins
Sharpen up your pumpkin carving skills. Bring your hand-carved or decorated pumpkin to the market to be on display and then be judged by Abby Rovaldi, Attleboro Arts Museum program coordinator and artist.
Get your pumpkins to the Market by 11 a.m., judging around noontime.
CLICK HERE for a video look at last year’s entries.
Kim from Ugly Dog Books will be here at 10 a.m. to read to the AFM families, “Too Many Pumpkins” by Linda White. And through Kim’s generosity each family will be able to bring a copy of the book home too!! We invite everyone to visit the craft table to make a pumpkin themed craft too!! Continue Reading →
September 29, 2014
Comments Off on Easy fresh salsa
This recipe is from WIC
3 tomatoes, chopped into tiny pieces
1 onion, chopped into pieces
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
Fresh or dried cilantro to taste (half a bunch of cilantro is good!)
Optional for those who like their salsa really hot: dash of tobasco sauce
Combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables, or place on top of cooked meats.
Food safety tip: never leave salsa out for more than half an hour unless serving dish is sitting on ice.
September 24, 2014
Comments Off on The pumpkins are coming!
The pumpkins are coming!
Way back in the early spring AFM bought pumpkin seeds and asked Bob Peasley if he would grow pumpkins for us on his farm. As always Bob was happy to help out!
Now those pumpkins are ready and will be at market on Saturday, September 27!
Please swing buy and pick one up for the low price of $5. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE HEBRON FOOD PANTRY!!!
Did you know that every $5 HFP gets can buy $100 worth of food at the Great Boston Food Bank!
See you Saturday!
September 23, 2014
Comments Off on 2014 Apple Pie Contest
Saturday, October 18 is the Apple Pie Contest day!
- The Contest is open to anyone wishing to bake an APPLE PIE.
- Only Double Crust Apple Pies will be accepted, no Crumbles, Crisps, Betty’s or Pan Dowdy’s allowed. Official Attleboro Farmers Market Apple Pie Contest Board of Directors ruling as to eligibility will be final.
- Pie MUST be checked in by 10:30 a.m. on contest day (10/18/14). We will turn away latecomers.
- No other fruits may be added (juices OK).
- Pies that need special handling, refrigeration or heating elements are not allowed.
- The finished pie cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (white or yokes). Egg must reach 160 degrees to be considered cooked. Official Attleboro Farmers Market Apple Pie Contest judge’s ruling as to eligibility will be final.
- We recommend that pies are baked in disposable pans only, as pans will not be returned.
- Pies will be scored on Appearance, Crust, Filling and Overall Flavor/Taste.
- The top five winners will receive ribbons and prizes.
- Following judging, the pies will be distributed to the crowd with a suggested donation of $2.00. Proceeds will go to the Hebron Food Pantry. Continue Reading →