September 4, 2017
Comments Off on 2017 Apple Pie Contest
Saturday, October 14 is the Apple Pie Contest day!
- The Contest is open to anyone wishing to bake an APPLE PIE.
- Only Double Crust Apple Pies will be accepted, no Crumbles, Crisps, Betty’s or Pan Dowdy’s allowed. Official Attleboro Farmers Market Apple Pie Contest Board of Directors ruling as to eligibility will be final.
- Pie MUST be checked in by 10:30 a.m. on contest day (10/14/16). We will turn away latecomers.
- No other fruits may be added (juices OK).
- Pies that need special handling, refrigeration or heating elements are not allowed.
- The finished pie cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (white or yokes). Egg must reach 160 degrees to be considered cooked. Official Attleboro Farmers Market Apple Pie Contest judge’s ruling as to eligibility will be final.
- We recommend that pies are baked in disposable pans only, as pans will not be returned.
- Pies will be scored on Appearance, Crust, Filling and Overall Flavor/Taste.
- The top five winners will receive ribbons and prizes.
- Following judging, the pies will be distributed to the crowd with a suggested donation of $2.00. Proceeds will go to the Hebron Food Pantry. Continue Reading →
September 18, 2017
Comments Off on Saturday is Art at the Market
Art at the Market will be in the Attleboro Farmers Market this Saturday, September 23. Twenty-two art vendors will join our usual mix of farms, farm-related and value-added vendors to make this the biggest Market this season.
Go to the Attleboro Farmers Market Facebook event page for more information and get a look at the artists and their art, and let us know if you are interested or will be going.
September 8, 2017
Comments Off on Help feed people locally and in Texas
This Saturday, September 9, the Hebron Food Pantry will be at the Market, to help feed people locally, and students from Wheaton College will be taking donations to feed those in Texas (and making Kindness Rocks, see below).
Keaton Schrank is a Junior at Wheaton College and the president of the Community Service Council, a student-run organization on the Wheaton campus. She is also from Texas and has family and friends who have been impacted by the hurricane. Continue Reading →
September 1, 2017
Comments Off on It’s Labor Day weekend
This Saturday is going to be sunny with a high around 70, perfect time to visit the Attleboro Farmers Market. We have food trucks, Touch-A-Truck, Ukulele Strummers, the freshest tomatoes and veggies, cinnamon rolls, salsa, beef jerky, bread, honey and lots more.
The Market is open from 9 to 1. If you arrive early, for your safety, please wait for the opening bell to ring before entering.
What you put on your fork matters. The American Farmland Trust is looking for the cream of the crop, the best of America’s farmers markets. Your recommendation can earn us national awards and recognition.
Use this link to Recommend the Attleboro Farmers Market
Here’s the vendors* for this week Continue Reading →